|Better tracking makes for better business,|
Purchase Orders streamline the process.
5 Benefits of Purchase Orders
- An effective purchase order can move the purchase process forward from discussion to commitment by laying out products, prices, timelines and other critical terms and conditions.
- The contractual nature of a purchase order protects both the buyer and the supplier in case of a dispute about the nature of the order; a great PO leaves no questions unanswered.
- For purchasing agents, the purchase order helps to manage incoming and pending orders from inventory and shipping management, to invoicing and forecasting. (To the point where the order fulfillment process can be virtually automated when a PO is accepted if you use a tool like OfficeBooks.)
- If your ordering system is disorganized, implementing purchase orders can provide a standardized purchasing process that can make your entire system more accountable and predictable.
- An integrated purchase order system can be linked to your product inventory and shipping, providing up-to-date information about availability and preventing inventory shortages. (Even low inventory thresholds can be set and reorder notifications triggered automatically with PO management systems like OfficeBooks.)
|Capture every detail of the sale in your |
Purchase Order for clarity on all sides.
What do you like to see on a purchase order? What details help in setting proper expectations and fulfilling an accurate and efficient sale? Tell us in the comments!