|It's time to trash the spreadsheet.|
Many small businesses use a purchase order template in Word or a spreadsheet in Excel to manage their purchase orders. This gets the job done for today, but it is not the best way for a growing small business to manage their purchase orders. Here are five reasons why business management software is better for your business than a purchase order template. VXEYW258JE68
1. Quick inventory, supplier and client search - Drop-down info boxes in Excel purchase order templates might be good enough for today, but as you add more items, suppliers and clients, this task can become repetitive and time-consuming. By integrating with your inventory and shipping data, business management software makes finding and applying the right information fast and easy, so you spend less time inputting names and addresses.
2. Purchase order generated and emailed directly - No more saving, exporting and attaching. Business management software can send your purchase orders to the supplier and track their status in one place. That means no more looking back through emails to check the status of your purchase order.
3. Accessible from anywhere in the cloud - How often have you needed to make a purchase order while away from the office? When shopping for a business management program, look for one that stores all your data in the cloud. This means your information is accessible online from any computer, and allows you to create and send purchase orders, monitor inventory, and access client information even away from the office computer.
4. Alerts you when supplies are low – Business management software saves you from guessing whether you need to make a purchase order now or next week by alerting you when supplies are low. When integrated with your inventory controls and quotations, a management system can monitor your inventory and notify you which supplies are needed based on sales.
5. Assign permissions for purchase orders - If multiple people in your company are creating purchase orders, choose a business management program that will create controls and check permissions to prevent overspending. Look for a system that will allow for the creation of multiple profiles with different spending limits, so that any purchase orders above the limit will be flagged for approval before being sent.
What frustrates you about purchase order templates or spreadsheet purchase orders? (We might use these tips to make OfficeBooks even better in the future!)